- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ t. Fajita or Mexican seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 c. spinach
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl toss together the shrimp and fajita seasoning; set aside.
- Lightly mist a large non-stick skillet with olive oil pan spray heat over medium high heat. Carefully add the lemon juice, shrimp and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide spinach equally among 4 serving plates and spoon spiced shrimp over top.
- Serve with HCG-friendly Vinaigrette dressing.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 130 per serving Fat: 0.5g.
- 5.8 oz Chilean Sea Bass
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 of Green Cabbage
- ¼ to ½ C Salsa (Make sure the salsa has only the ingredients allowed. I use one from Whole Foods)
- Season Chilean sea bass with onion, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Grill on BBQ or George Forman. You will know it’s done when the fish is white in the middle. This fish is VERY hard to burn.
- Steam green cabbage. Place cabbage on plate and top with salsa.
Phase 3 (You can make it phase 2 if you only use one vegetable)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, or lobster
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional as needed
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup & 3 tbsp chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the 3 tablespoons broth in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saute for about a minute, toss, and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large plate; set aside.
- Add the onion to the same skillet, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, remaining broth, garlic, and oregano. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture; toss to coat, and cook for about a minute so the flavors meld together.
- Stir in the parsley and basil. Season with more salt, to taste, and serve.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice/lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon broth- fish, chicken or veggie
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 100g halibut fillet
Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa Ingredients
- peeled and chopped fresh strawberry
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion/shallot/green onion- optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice/lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Combine lime juice, broth, garlic, salt, and pepper in shallow glass baking dish or zip-top bag. Add fish, skin side up. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 3 hours.
- Toss all salsa ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once, until opaque throughout. Slice fish into large pieces.
- Fill each cabbage leaf with fish and salsa. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
- 6 oz. can tuna
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. dry onion
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. milk
- A little water, only if needed
- Mix all ingredients and make into patties.
- Sprinkle top and bottom with paprika.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Turn after 7 minutes.
- 3 1/2 ounces white fish
- 3 1/1 ounces broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and cut into small pieces
- basil, thyme, oregano. Fresh or dried.
- 1/2 lemon
- Put salt, pepper, herbs, and spices in the bottom of a skillet. Add fish, drizzle with lemon.
- Add broccoli and tomato pieces with a few tablespoons of water and simmer until the fish is thoroughly cooked. The tomatoes simmer with the herbs and make a tomato marinara flavored sauce.
- Pour juices over fish and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Broccoli is what makes this recipe for phase 3. You can replace it with an approved vegetable and make it for phase 2!
- 3.5 ounces mahi mahi
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 t pepper
- 1⁄4 t salt
- 1⁄2 citrus dressing
- Mix together lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a shallow dish, drizzle with citrus dressing mixture, turn to coat and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill pan or grill over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 4 oz. seafood (any combination of shrimp, scallops, lobster or whitefish)
- 1 clove, chopped garlic
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 2 large chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1/8 t. celery salt
- 1/4 t. onion salt
- 1/8 t. ground cayenne
- 1/4 t. Creole seasoning
- 1-2 packets stevia
- Sauté seafood with chopped garlic over high heat until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for 15minutes.
Servings: 1 protein, 1 vegetable
- 1/2 chopped apple
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. water
- garlic salt
- Stevia (opt)
- Chop apple and thinly slice cucumber.
- Combine vinegar and water.
- Season with garlic salt, pepper and stevia (opt) to taste.
Servings: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit
- 3 1/2 oz of lettuce
- 3 1/2 oz Chicken
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Sweet N Sour Vinaigrette Dressing
- Grill, bake or steam fry chicken. Slice into bite sized pieces.
- Put lettuce in bowl with sliced strawberries, put chicken in and toss.
- Drizzle with Sweet N Sour Vinaigrette, salt, pepper and herbs as desired.
- Toss till lettuce is coated.