- 4 medium zucchini
- Olive oil pan spray
- Cut ends from zucchini. With a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, slice zucchini very thinly lengthwise, making “noodles”, or grate using a large shred cheese grater.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly mist with olive oil pan spray, add zucchini.
- Sauté and stir until zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- ½ med. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 T. tomato paste
- ½ c. water
- 1 pkt. Stevia or other sugar substitute, optional
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- ½ t. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat. Add crumbled ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown and no longer pink.
- Drain grease if needed. Reduce heat to low.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Stevia, and seasonings. Stir to mix.
- Simmer for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Divide zucchini evenly among 4 serving plates and spoon ¾ cup of sauce over top.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 222 per serving Fat: 5g.