• 1 chopped medium onion
• 3 – 4 chopped celery stalks
• 1/3 chopped green pepper
• 2 cups chopped cauliflower
• 3 cups chopped broccoli
• 1/4 chopped head of green cabbage
• 10 chopped Crimini mushrooms
• 2 – 3 cloves of garlic
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 quart half and half milk
• 1 quart of no-sodium chicken stock
• 2 1/2 cups shredded medium cheese
- Saute onion, celery and green pepper in a frying pan.
- Once softened, add 2 – 3 cloves of garlic.
- Cook until garlic is incorporated.
- Move to your main pot. In a steamer, steam cauliflower, broccoli, green cabbage and mushrooms together for 10 minutes.
- Puree half of the steamed veggies. Mix them with the other veggie mix in the main pot.
- In a frying pan add 2 tablespoons of butter and flour.
- Heat through then add 3/4 quart of half and half, salt and pepper to make a rue.
- Stir until smooth then add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese and 1 1/2 cups of no-sodium chicken stock. Add to taste garlic powder and onion powder.
- Then add 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt and sea salt.
- Stir until smooth and pour over veggies in the main pot.
- Simmer over medium heat until desired consistency.
- Add remaining milk or additional chicken stock to thin. Serve.