Steak & Spinach Spirals
- 1 lb. lean sirloin steaks, 4 oz. each
- 1 c. spinach, loosely packed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove stems from spinach leaves. Layer leaves on top of each other; slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach strips, green onion, garlic, and 2 T. of the soy sauce. Stir and set aside.
- Trim fat from each steak. Score steaks on both sides by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals in a diamond pattern.
- Place steaks between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound steaks lightly with flat side of meat mallet, to ¼ inch thickness.
- Remove top layer of plastic wrap. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture equally over steaks.
- Starting from short side, roll up steaks. Secure with wooden toothpicks at 1 inch intervals, starting ½ inch from end.
- Cover and grill for 14-18 minutes for medium doneness, turning once and brushing with soy sauce.
- Remove from grill and slice each steak between toothpicks. Remove toothpicks before placing on serving plates.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 186 per serving Fat: 6g.