Steak & Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 lb. lean sirloin, cut into thin strips ½ inch wide and 2 inches long*
- 4 c. asparagus, stems removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ c. beef broth
- ½ c. green onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 T. fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ½ med. red onion, sliced
- 2 T. soy sauce
- Steam the asparagus until bright green but still firm, about 2 minutes.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to stop cooking; drain again.
- Combine ¼ cup beef broth, green onion, garlic, and ginger in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture is minced and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and mist lightly with olive oil pan spray.
- Add the steak strips, red onion, and soy sauce and sauté for 4 minutes, or until beef is nearly cooked.
- Add the green onion mixture and remaining ½ cup of broth, bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus to the skillet and stir until the asparagus is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Divide among four dinner plates, serve immediately.
*Note: It is easier to slice beef thinly if you place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes first. I also use kitchen shears to cut the beef.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 195 Fat: 6 g.