Spicy Orange Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 T. cumin
- 1 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 T. jalapeno, chopped very fine
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 small oranges, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. fresh snipped cilantro
- Sprinkle cumin over chicken, coating both sides well.Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and mist lightly with olive oil pan spray.
- Place chicken into skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Increase heat to high. Add chicken broth to skillet and boil 1 minute to reduce broth slightly. Whisk in orange juice, jalapeno, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, turning chicken once.
- Add orange segments. Cook briefly to warm. Place on serving plates and sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 166 per serving Fat: 3g.