- 80 g sliced onion rings
- 1 grissini breadstick
- 1 T skim milk (as allowed daily)
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the milk, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and mix together.
- Grind grissini in food processor until it is a powder. (I use my coffee grinder.)
- Put grissini in a separate small bowl.
- Place rings in batter bowl and toss to coat fully (it’s best to use your hands here to ensure you coat each ring).
- Let sit in batter 2-3 mins then toss again.
- Dip each ring into the grissini powder by hand. I find it works best to do these one at a time, rolling the ring in the grissini coating instead of tossing or shaking it on.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Cook 6-7 mins.
- Then flip, cooking an additional 6-7 mins.
- Serve immediately.