Mexican Chicken Soup
- 100g cooked chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t cayenne (use less if you don’t want it as spicy)
- diced tomato
- 2-3 c homemade chicken broth
- 1/4 c fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes. (Heat until you see little bubbles around the garlic.) Use a bit of your broth to keep garlic from sticking to the pot, if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and add chicken.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, and simmer for 5 minutes more.