Lemon Zest Asparagus
- 1/3 lb. asparagus
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Rinse asparagus and break off any tough, white bottoms.
- Cut into 1-2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Fill med sized pan half way with water and bring to a boil.. Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer.
- Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 min. Drain hot water.
- While asparagus is still hot, toss them in bowl with lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or room temp.
servings: 1 vegetable