Italian Veal Soup
- 1 lb. veal or beef, 1-inch cubes cut for stew
- 2 c. beef broth
- 8 c. cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ t. crushed rosemary
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking time 7-9 hours.
- Place all ingredients into a 4 quart or larger crock pot or slow cooker.
- Stir well. Cover; cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat is very tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Calories: 242 per serving Fat: 6.5g.