Hot & Sour Thai Shrimp Soup
- 100 grams shrimp
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- Juice of ½ lemon with rind
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 2-3 slices of fresh ginger
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, lemon juice, onion, and pepper.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro and cook another 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Remove lemongrass before serving.
- Makes 1 serving (1 protein)