Filet Mignon w/Braised Cabbage
- 100 grams filet mignon
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 packet stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Put a small amount of apple cider vinegar, lemon pepper and rosemary leaves on filet mignon before grilling. Cook steak on the grill until done.
- Cool and slice steak into thin slices.
- Put cabbage in a small saucepan and add the water, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 packet of stevia to braise. (braising is a slow cooking method that starts by bringing the water and cabbage to a boil on the stove top, and then followed by simmering in the liquid).
- Simmer until cabbage is soft, folding over and over. This method is an effective way to infuse cabbage with the desired flavor.
- Drain water and add lemon pepper. Lay meat slices on top of cabbage and serve.