Chicken Zucchini Bake
- 1lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 med. onion, diced
- 8c. zucchini , sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1(14oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1(8oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1t. Italian seasoning
- ½c. water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly mist a large non-stick skillet with olive oil pan spray. Cook cubed chicken in skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Heat through until thickened and bubbly.
- Mist a 9×13” baking dish with olive oil pan spray.
- Evenly spread 1c. chicken mixture in bottom of baking dish.
- Layer 4c. zucchini over top. Spoon halve of chicken mixture evenly over top of first layer of zucchini.
- Repeat layers with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until zucchini is tender.
Makes 4….2 1/2c. servings
Calories: 190 per. Serving Fat: 3g