- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3.5 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Combine juice, curry, red pepper, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, salt and water in a shallow pan.
- Slice chicken into strips. Place chicken in marinade for 20 minutes, turning at least once.
- In a heavy skillet sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken and marinade.
- Simmer, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked.