Carob Walnut Cookies
- 4 to 6 Medjool Dates (Pitted) or 1 C. Raisins
- 3/4 C raw walnuts
- 1⁄4 C raw carob powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- Vanilla to taste
- Combine the dates (or raisins), walnuts, carob powder, salt and vanilla in the food processor. Process until the dough begins sticking together.
- Press the dough into 2-inch cookie cutters placed on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Shoot for a thickness of 1⁄3- to 1⁄2-inch. Or, make 1- to 1 1⁄2-inch balls and flatten.
- Place the cookies in the freezer to chill and firm up for 30 minutes or more before serving or transferring to the fridge for serving later.
- Will keep for many weeks in the fridge or freezer. Thaw 5 minutes before eating.
Calories: 98 (12 cookies)