Beefy Zucchini Red Chili
- 1 lb. lean stew meat or ground beef
- 4 med. zucchini, sliced
- ½ lrg. onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- ½ t. dried oregano
- ½ T. cumin
- ½ T. chili powder
- ½ t. paprika
- 1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ c. beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking time; 5-7 hours
- Brown beef cubes in a larger non-stick skillet.
- In an electric crock pot of slow cooker, combine browned beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes and green chilies, spices, tomato sauce, and beef broth.
- Stir well. Add sliced zucchini and stir again. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until beef is very tender.
Makes 4 servings of 2 ½ cups each
Calories: 255 per serving Fat: 8 g.