Beef Stuffed Tomato
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 4 lrg. tomatoes
- ½ med. onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut tops off tomatoes; scoop out pulp and reserve.
- Brown ground beef in a large skittle over medium-high heat. Add tomato pulp, onion, celery, zucchini, garlic and seasonings.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Lightly mist a shallow baking dish with olive oil pan spray and place each tomato into the baking dish.
- Stuff each tomato shell equally with the meat mixture, spooning any leftover into the bottom of baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve each with leftover meat from baking dish spooned around the tomato.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 205 per serving Fat: 5g