Baked Italian Steak
- 1 lb. lean sirloin steaks, 4oz. each
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 (14oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 med. onion, halved and sliced
- 4 c. zucchini, sliced
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle steaks evenly on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, and mist lightly with olive oil pan spray.
- Place steaks into skillet and cook briefly until browned on both sides.
- Transfer steaks to a baking dish.
- In a large bowl; combine tomatoes, onion, zucchini, and Italian seasoning. Pour evenly over top of steaks.
- Cover dish with foil, bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until steaks are tender.
Makes 4 servings
Calories: 214 per serving Fat: 6g.